Google

Friday, October 14, 2005

Writers block can be a pain in the butt. When you need a idea for a good story sometimes there is nothing useful forming inside the brain. I've experienced the problem on many occasions. This is a part of writing, dealing with such an obstacle is a challenge like everything else. Reading or watching television can help develop ideas, though it's important not copy story lines or characters. Originality is the key to successful writing.

Recently, I've posted links of this page and another blog of mine on some writing websites. Also placed free ads on these sites. I thought maybe this would draw more attention and interest in my work. There have been a few responses so far. The problem is the publishers interested don't seem to be legitimate or want to sell me their services. The whole point of doing this was to promote my work, ability, and make buyers awareness of my writing portfolio(short stories, articles, jokes, and screenplay shorts). Somehow I've got to market and promote my writing expertise, services better. Well, this contributes to the struggle as a young writer, who's trying to garner recognition and credentials. There are a couple markets for magazines I discovered. Time to grind through the whole submission process again. Until next time, best of luck with everyone's writing endeavors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Copyright (c) 2005-06 Pete Harvey