Google

Monday, October 03, 2005

The last couple of days the flow of writing hasn't come to me easy. Too many distractions and worries have flooded my mind off and on. This is such a hamper on working on stories and articles. I've been trying to submitt more of my short stories to magazines. It seems like a hopeless cause sometimes. Editors have become more picky than ever. Some of them want writers to go to great lengths to prepare a submission. You have to ask yourself, "Is my time and effort on this really worth it?" It all depends usually on the format, guidelines, and the pay. Gutting it out is what you have to do if you really want to get published. I've got more research to do on fiction markets as well as those for fillers.

My joke collection is building since I enjoy writing humor more than anything. Writing one-liners and gags are short. They're much less time consuming than anything else. Everyone likes to laugh(for the most part anyway). What I don't understand about this market though is how corny and sappy jokes get published in such magazines such as the Saturday Evening Post and Reader's Digest. Maybe this is because the material relates to an older audience. To me it's just seems like almost everyone who reads a publication should find it humorous. My style of jokes don't seem to fit into a particular publication. They're related to business, jobs, observations, celebrities, food, sports, etc. Ex. The most exercise some Americans get is reaching in and out of a bag of potato chips until it's empty. Singers like Michael Bolton really give the music industry something to be excited about when they announce their retirement. These are a mere few among the hundreds I've compiled. Still working to get the jokes and fillers out to a young, wide-range of readers. That's one goal on my agenda. More writing info. to be posted soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Copyright (c) 2005-06 Pete Harvey