Google

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Editing sure can be a time consuming task. Working on a novel especially requires several additional reviews to check for clarity, spelling, punctuation, deleting unneccessary words or sentences, and making sure each scene is in the right spot. What you thought would take a couple of hours turns out to be two days. Keeping the plot on pace with a constant richness in characters is always a challenge too. I've learned to remember these aspects of a good story by reading other fiction books plus self-help writing books and articles. Each author has their own distinct voice. Finding a way to express it in the most compelling way takes practice and persistence. Most of my short stories are completed after final touches made. I've submitted a couple to magazines. Waiting to hear back from the editors. I had a hard time finding the right publications (and still do) to submitt my manuscripts to since my writing doesn't reflect a specific genre.

I'm also working on promoting my sports articles. Visited other sports related websites I dropped my blog link on a few. With the demand and desire for information, blogs for sports news as well as world news have spread out everywhere on the Web. My passion for sports leads me to express my convictions and thoughts on current incidents and controvery. While engorged with that endeavor I'm trying to make my sports blog more appealing. If anyone has any suggestions go right ahead and post them. I may need to do more research on my baseball novel still in the process of being completed. Even though it's fiction I want to get a more thorough background history on the major league team the story centers around. Then aftering the editing stages are done it will be time to query publishers in hope of sparking their interest enough to request samples chapters or the whole manuscript. Until then, good luck with everyone's writing journeys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Copyright (c) 2005-06 Pete Harvey