Google

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Hello and Welcome to all!

Over the past month or so I've be doing some soul-searching with my writing. Most people do this with their life, but I figured finding places for my individual creative works would be best at present. Plus I could use the publishing credits. Positioning specific types of writing is time-consuming business and requires essential knowledge as well as research on markets. Wasting precious hours of one's life by scanning through numerous markets to sell short stories, articles, novels, and poems without identifying a niche gets a writer no where. It's like running around in circles.

As I've becomed more educated about the writing world I've found it's smart to seek a moderate number of publications only for one form of fiction literature at a time. Otherwise your searches eat up too much time and drive you crazy, causing constant frustrations. Since last week I've been focused on finding outlets to publish some of my short stories until I received an email from a screenwriting site (visited now and then) which sends out newsletters each month or so.

This forum for screenwriters offered me a free full membership, including all services, to their site if I exchanged links with them. That sounded like an offer I couldn't refuse. I've already posted a link to their site on the right: http://www.indietalk.com

The guys who run this website provide a good service. They along with other screenwriters and industry professionals discuss the craft of screenwriting, how to market scripts, what material production companies/agencies are looking for, what films are in development, and much valuable insight into this expanding industry. The recent email got me thinking more deeply about my two short scripts. Both have been revised several times, but still feel incomplete. I know though they're sellable ideas that just need further development and a refined structure make-over. I hope to do some more research on screenwriting and resume marketing the screenplay shorts through an aggressive, persuasive strategy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Copyright (c) 2005-06 Pete Harvey